If you have started learning about WordPress you will soon start hearing about shortcodes. You will be wondering what they are and how to use them.
A shortcode is a small piece of code that you put in your post/page or widgets that will display a specific feature for example a form you’ve created with Contact Form 7.
Underneath that code can be a simple or a complex function, depending on the final result of the shortcode.
Here is an example of a shortcode for a ConvertKit form. I got the shortcode code from my ConvertKit account panel.
The result is an embedded form to join a newsletter but it could have easily been a calendar or a social media widget.
A few key points on Shortcodes
- They come enclosed in brackets [my_shortcode]
- They make your life easier
- They add cool things to your posts/pages
- A shortcode performs a specific function / adds a feature to your site
- Samples of shortcodes: galleries, calendars, forms, social media
Thank you for reading.